Research Scientist I, Discovery Research
In pursuing these opportunities, Knopp considers it essential to preserve a culture of agility, efficiency, and creativity as it grows. Accordingly, Knopp has created the position of Research Scientist I, Discovery Research. The employee filling this position will support the company's discovery activities. Responsibilities and opportunities for professional growth will expand and broaden as the company continues to grow. This position reports to the Group Leader, Kv7 Biology.
• Running cell based assays (maintenance of cell lines, use of plate reader and liquid handlers)
• Assist with automated patch clamp and manual patch electrophysiology
• General laboratory maintenance, including preparation of solutions and stocks
• Perform laboratory inventory checks and restock consumables as needed
• Hazardous waste disposal
• Maintenance of lab equipment
• Contribute to SOP development and implementing procedures according to high quality standards
• Actively participate in working group meetings and communicate experimental results to team members
• Negotiate pricing and quotes with external vendors
• Maintain laboratory notebooks, electronic records and inventory
• Follow all lab safety regulations and maintain an organized and clean work space in the laboratory
Enthusiastic, organized, dedicated, and motivated person who likes multi-tasking and performing a variety of duties throughout the day. The ability and willingness to work closely with others and pitch-in where needed are essential.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum BS degree
• Between 1 and 4 years of research experience
• Cell culture and sterile technique
• Laboratory-level chemistry and mathematics competency required for accurate reagent preparation and troubleshooting
• Experience with cells based assays, automated liquid handlers and electrophysiology is preferred
• The successful candidate should be well organized, proficient with computers, willing to work independently, detail-oriented, excel at problem-solving, have great attention to detail and communicate well.
No travel is anticipated for this position.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and training, and will consist of wages, benefits and an equity position that are highly competitive.
Knopp is committed to providing an excellent work environment where people are treated with respect and dignity. Employees are expected to treat each other respectfully and professionally at all times. Knopp is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a dynamic, challenging atmosphere, with a chance to make a difference and help patients, email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.